This course is aimed at professionals in the travel industry as well as tourist destination stakeholders. Participants will learn to understand various forms of unconscious biases and will encourage individuals to explore their own prejudices. After obtaining a solid understanding of these concepts, we will discuss common travel biases and the factors which influence tourist decisions. To conclude, participants will have the opportunity to compare common misconceptions with the opposing reality of destinations prior to completing a quiz to assess your learning.
Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Define various types of implicit biases beyond race, gender, and size.
- Asses your own biases using the IAT
- Explain how unconscious biases effect how tourists select their travel destinations
- Understand the process in which disproportionate news reporting results in an availability heuristic
- Revamp your social media to include more meaningful content
Included: PowerPoint Presentation only